Sunday, May 23, 2010

Goodbye Old Friend

A little tribute to a dear old friend.. our piano which we have had for 25 years. George and I bought this piano for $1,500 and paid $50 a month on it forever!! We were young and just starting our family when this piano joined our family. It has brought me such great joy and comfort.. I played it when I was happy, sad, bored, I Played it with children on my lap as we sang Primary songs, I practiced countless hours when I was taking lessons as an adult and preparing for recitals and musical numbers at church. My children carved their names into the wood in various places... it has been moved countless time and has held up so well and always had a beautiful tone. It is now being passed down to Melanie and her family so maybe the girls can take piano lessons and have as much joy from it as we have.
HELLO NEW FRIEND......
George and I were looking around at a Thrift store the other day and someone had just donated this baby grand piano...it was half off day at this particular store so we got this piano for $250.00. It does need to be refinished and not all the keys work so we are going to put some work into and get things fixed, but we could not pass up this beauty and how much more beautiful it will be when it is all done. I have always wanted a baby grand but could never afford the hefty price tag but now we feel very lucky to be in the right place at the right time. Stay tuned for AFTER picture when it is completely refinished and fixed up.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Very beautiful mom. I am so happy for you. If we ever move back I would love to take lesson from you, I really want to learn how to play

Unknown said...

We will stay "tuned" and hopefully the piano will too :)

Ryan.

Shelby said...

How wonderful keeping the old one in the family. look forward to seeing what you do with the new one :)