Sunday, June 7, 2015

Can you Canoe??

One day about 6 years ago George and I were out yard selling and I could see him eyeing this canoe... and I'm sitting in the truck saying to myself.."please don't buyt it, please oh please walk away from the canoe, don't buy it." He comes back to the car and tells me he just bought a Canoe. I knew exactly where that canoe was going to sit, in our backyard and George has never ever used it, the scouts have used it but he has not. I was mad, in fact I didn't speak to him the rest of the day because to me he just wasted $200 that easily could have been spent on something else. So for the past umpteen years we have had this canoe sitting in our backyard. Since the weather is warmer now Lori and I thought it would be fun to take it out, We all loaded it up in the back up the truck and took it down to Fernan Lake. Cheryl has her own kyak so Lori and I were the canoe goers!! Once we got in the water it was so beautiful and peaceful, we paddled out for quite a ways and then stopped and had some lunch and chatted for awhile. Going back was hard and took forever but all in all it was a good experience! Maybe I can actually get George out in the canoe and let him try it and then convince him we need to sell it!!

Teri and Lori ready to hop in.

cousin Lori

my sissy





the water was green,,,but other wise beautiful view.

No comments: